10 tips for a healthy lifestyle
Eating a balanced diet without excess is one of the keys to a healthy life. Improving this situation is very easy, it’s just a matter of learning correctly
Cooking the meats until there are no red or pink parts inside prevents foodborne illness
Being healthy depends on each one and the way you care for the body. Perform physical activity, rest well and maintain an abundant and varied food plan are some of the most important things to achieve this goal.
That the food consumed to provide the necessary amounts of nutrients is essential to enjoy good health. However, this varies from one person to another, so it is always recommended to consult with a specialist.
To promote the apprehension of knowledge that contributes to generating more equitable and healthy food behaviors by the population, the Ministry of Health of the Nation designed the “Dietary Guidelines for the Argentine Population”.
10+ Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle
Some behaviors that benefit the body
Use at least once a week a handful of dried fruits without salt or seeds without salt
– Incorporate daily food of all groups and perform at least 30 minutes of physical activity
– Perform 4 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner) include vegetables, fruits, legumes, cereals, milk, yogurt or cheese, eggs, meats, and oils
– Perform moderate or continuous physical activity every day to maintain an active life
– Eat calm, if possible accompanied and moderate the size of the portions
– Choose prepared foods at home instead of processed
It is recommended to take 8 glasses of “safe water” every day
– During the day drink at least 2 liters of liquids, without sugar, preferably water. Do not wait to be thirsty to hydrate.
– To wash food and cook, the water must be safe.
– Consume 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily in a variety of types and colors.
– Eat at least half a plate of vegetables at lunch, half a plate at dinner and 2 or 3 fruits per day. It’s consumption
decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, colon cancer, and cardiovascular diseases.
Seasonal fruits and vegetables are more accessible and of better quality
– Reduce the use of salt and the consumption of foods with high sodium content. To replace it use condiments of all kinds (pepper, parsley, chili, paprika, oregano). Decrease salt consumption prevents hypertension, vascular and kidney diseases, among others.
– Limit the consumption of sugary drinks and foods with high fat, sugar and salt content.
– When consuming meats remove visible fat, increase fish consumption and include egg.
– Incorporate legumes, preferably whole grains, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn or cassava into the diet.
– Consume raw oil as a condiment, dried fruits or seeds.
– Restrict the consumption of butter, margarine, animal fat, and milk cream.
– Consume daily milk, yogurt or cheese, preferably skimmed.
Choose soft cheeses before hard and those with lower fat and salt content